How a Website Improves Your Bottom Line [Financial Improvement]
Whether you’re a one-woman show or a multinational corporation, if you want to succeed in business in 2017 you probably need a website. Your bottom line will show a HUGE improvement with the right website. That doesn’t mean your website has to be big, expensive, and flashy—different businesses have different needs. Maybe it needs to capture attention from everyone everywhere in a big way or maybe something a little lower key for a smaller market but at a minimum it needs to be professional, functional, and appealing for your current business and your potential clients and customers. Why? We’ve listed eight key reasons below that you can’t ignore!
- People are shopping the competition online. If you don’t have a web presence, potential customers are far more likely to dismiss your company in favor of a competitors. On the other hand, if you have a great website that addresses your customer’s expectations and needs, people are much more likely to find you and listen to what you have to say.
- It establishes your credibility and builds trust. If your website looks clean and professional, your potential customers are more likely to trust the quality of your service or product. If you don’t have a website—or the one you have is outdated, unhelpful, or amateurish—they will doubt the quality of your core business service, too. Don’t be the amateur in your market!
- It helps you find better employees. If you don’t have a website, it’s harder to get the word out about your open positions—and could even scare away talented people who do find out about you. Good talent will ALWAYS look for you online and will ALWAYS do their homework about your company.
- It allows you to show and tell what you do. A website can provide a platform for you to demonstrate your core products or services through words, images, even video. If you’re offering a unigue product or complicated service, your website is the ideal way to educate your customers. (Just like this blog is educating you about the value of having a website!)
- It gives your customers more ways to communicate with you—and you more ways to market to both existing and new customers and clients. Not all your potential business partners will communicate best over the phone. A REALLY REALLY GOOD website allows them to contact you in the way that suits them best. On the flipside, your website gives you a platform to communicate with your customers through content, specials, awareness, blogs, promotions, events, etc. You could even run surveys to easily learn more about your customers, what they want and how you can serve them better.
- Improve customer support and convenience. There are so many ways that your website can expedite customer requests. Maybe it incorporates a ticketing system or proactively addresses common questions or concerns through an FAQ section or information library. What about facilitating appointments by allowing customers to schedule directly online. If it’s easy for the customer, they’re more likely to do it—and that has the bonus of saving time for you and your team .
- It helps you generate and track leads for your sales team. This is a big one. Contact forms, ticket submissions, downloadable offers, events—these all provide opportunities for customers to exchange their contact information in return for something of value. This allows you to follow up on leads and nurture them into satisfied customers.
- You can open an e-Shop. Even if you’re a brick-and-mortar retailer with a strong local clientele, opening an eCommerce store on your site lets you continue selling to customers who have moved away, or push your product into new markets.
Every business is different, with different needs. Not everyone needs to sell products online (but some should!). Not everybody needs dozens of pages’ worth of informational and educational materials (but some do!). But whoever you are and whatever you sell or do, the right website can help you grow your business by attracting more of the right customers and serving, supporting, and delighting them better. Want to learn more? Give us a call at (833) 622-0907. We are here to make sure that your bottom line goes where you need it to!
We are always looking for talented individuals!